Sunday, March 7

.more about mE

(yes, sometimes I do things backwards)

As for this blog, I am trying not to think things ahead too much.  "What" I want to say, but not exactly "how" I want to say it, so it'll come out more the way I talk. (so I may ramble some) (just a bit)

As I said I am somewhat of a foodie and I have odd ideas.  Some of the ideas are about food.  So some of what I write will be about that.

I often have ideas about putting different foods together that (afaik) have yet to be combined.  Sometimes I try it, but often it will stay as a thought experiment.  But almost always I will Google it, and maybe be somewhat disappointed if I find that not only have other people thought of it, but there are recipes galore to be found.  But that can also be a good thing.

Ex 1: I like lasagna and experiment with: add-ins, roasted veggies instead of (some) noodles, etc.  One day I thought "I've never heard of a fish lasagna ... not that I would want one but still ..."
Well, turns out ... if you Google it ...

Ex 2: Sometimes the idea will come from seeing something in the pantry or fridge.  Like putting peanut butter together with mayonnaise (not bad actually, and also out there on the web)

Some things seem like good concepts to me, but I haven't figured out an implementation worth trying yet

Ex 3: Are you familiar with the Turducken? A boneless duck stuffed into chicken inside a turkey?  Well how about a veggie version ...  a pea (just one) in a brussel sprout in a portabella mushroom in a potato skin in an acorn squash?  (think of a set of nested mixing bowls) What would be a good name? what would hold them together?  What would be a better line-up?

My latest idea was

Ex 4: We have to start by assuming canned spaghetti rings are a good (enough) food item.  So in what recipe that would normally use tomato sauce could we instead "csr"?   Anyone?
Oh well.  Some ideas might best stay just as ideas.

One last thing.  R U ready 4 π day?

R

No comments:

Post a Comment