Monday, March 15

Coffee and Pie Days

So, what irrational things did you do to celebrate Pi Day?
(not including irrational things you would have done anyway)

On the 12th ...
Shortly after my previous post, I heard about the "The Coffee Party", which at first I thought was just a "meet your neighbors and socialize" type event.  I did some research, got interested, and decided to go.

That night, Lisa and I got carry-out from MCL (I had some wonderful beef stew, wonderful "Harvard" beets and decent mac 'n' cheese) and we got pie that we didn't actually eat that the next night. (I got apple) [pie #1]

On the 13th I drove Lisa to some meeting, then went to the Coffee Party event, turned out they barely knew what to do, but still it looks promising ["coffee" #1, even if I didn't drink anything]. Afterwards I drove Lisa to some job half an hour away.  By then it was lunch time, so we went to a little diner called KJ's.

Well, the coffee and strawberry rhubarb pie were very good [coffee #2, pie #2]

That night we ate pie #1.

Today (March 14th aka 3.14 aka Pi Day), we ate pizza at Dewey's (1/2 Green lantern, 1/2 Killer Veggie) [pie #3] and on the way home stopped at DLM and got 1/2 a Cherry Cheesecake Pie [pie #4].  It was all good stuff.

disclaimers:
1) we don't usually go out to eat this often
2) we don't usually eat this much pie, either
3) "pie" #1 and 2 were each just a slice
4) more coffee was prepared at home, but I'm not counting any of that.
5) Sheesh! You would think that at least one place would have a Pi Day special ...Oh well, maybe next year.

Off to bed and to dream of garlic ...

PS
 

No comments:

Post a Comment